

Wow. My first St. Patrick's Day without fun and merriment in about 16 years. I have to admit it is a little depressing thinking about all the festivities that will be taking place without me in a few short hours in Milwaukee. No Irish beer, no soda bread, no corned beef and cabbage, no Irish music and no hanging with my friends having a blast while a few dumb fools are at work. Damn.
Not to mention that today is also my beloved pooch Guinness' birthday. It will be the first year since we've been together that I won't be baking him his favorite "liver baby food" birthday cake with the yogurt icing. It is probably breaking his little heart. I always enjoy watching him take those first bites just before I headed out the door for a day of celebration. He still hasn't learned how to blow out the candles though.
The Nepalese guys at the DFAC have once again made their best efforts to capture the essence of a holiday they know nothing about. They splashed the place up with green streamers. Baked a cake with a shamrock on it, and made "Irish beef (not corned beef) and cabbage soup" (I didn't have the guts to try it yet). They also made a batch of green non-alcoholic beer. The only thing that depresses me more than not being home for St. Patrick's Day is the thought of drinking green non-alcoholic beer.
I hope everyone back home enjoys the day and raises a pint for me.
Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy Birthday Guinness.
Not to mention that today is also my beloved pooch Guinness' birthday. It will be the first year since we've been together that I won't be baking him his favorite "liver baby food" birthday cake with the yogurt icing. It is probably breaking his little heart. I always enjoy watching him take those first bites just before I headed out the door for a day of celebration. He still hasn't learned how to blow out the candles though.
The Nepalese guys at the DFAC have once again made their best efforts to capture the essence of a holiday they know nothing about. They splashed the place up with green streamers. Baked a cake with a shamrock on it, and made "Irish beef (not corned beef) and cabbage soup" (I didn't have the guts to try it yet). They also made a batch of green non-alcoholic beer. The only thing that depresses me more than not being home for St. Patrick's Day is the thought of drinking green non-alcoholic beer.
I hope everyone back home enjoys the day and raises a pint for me.
Happy St. Patrick's Day and Happy Birthday Guinness.
1 comment:
It is 74 freaking degrees out today!!! I have never seen anything like it and I am one of those idiots who had to work today!! BOO!!
Post a Comment