
This photo would be much more dramatic if I could say that I was taking aim at some insurgents, but I was only at the range re-qualifying on my Glock. I had my worst day at the range ever and have been downgraded from Expert to Sharpshooter. Fortunately, I have plenty of excuses. First of all, I only had forty-five rounds of ammunition to use before dipping into the "good (expensive) stuff." Qualifying requires forty rounds, so I only had five practice shots. Then there was the sweat which was running down my brow and into my eyes every two seconds. There was also quite a bit of dust blowing that morning which blurred my vision even further. I would estimate the temperature at about 120 Degrees which made the black gun a little hot in my hands, not to mention my palm sweaty. I am quite certain that when and if the occasion ever necessitates me shooting a terrorist, it will be under far more favorable conditions. I'm kidding of course, those are favorable conditions for Iraq.
As you can see from the countdown on the right-hand side of this page, time is getting short. I am happy to report that it appears that several projects are going to be completed before I get out of here. Once they are completed I will likely show some photos. My replacement should be here shortly which will help ensure a smooth transition upon departure.
No comments:
Post a Comment